1. Never turn down an opportunity to meet a new friend.
2. Always accept help when it’s offered and you need it.
3. You can sleep when you’re dead… but sleep, or you’ll be dead.
4. Fresh air and human contact are better than a nap.
5. Talk to people, ask questions. Be active, not passive - drive your own experience!
6. Practise positive self-talk. Your own attitude has the power to defeat - or uplift - you, more power than any event, difficulty, or blessing could ever have.
7. Believe in your right to be an adult - then exercise it.
8. If a man is an idiot, clear his ass out of your life. The further away he swims, the more room there will be for bigger, better fish.
9. Percolated coffee is the nectar of the freaking gods. Treasure it when you can find it!
10a) If someone doesn’t respect you, respect yourself enough to let it go and move forward.
b) Don’t waste your time thinking about someone who isn’t thinking about you.
11. Smile. Even if you are tired, overwhelmed or off the wall, you will automatically feel better.
12. Nourish connections, maintain relationships. You never know when someone may reappear in your life.
13. Men have been mysteries since at least 1836. Probably always have been, probably always will be. Constant love - and constant vigilance - are key.
14. Despite the scaremongering of the world, there are many good, trustworthy people in it. Don’t be afraid of them! Be present and aware, but be friendly and open - you attract what you project.
15. Be thankful, be grateful, and let people know it. People appreciate being appreciated.
16. If you don’t know, ask. Someone else will know, and be happy to share!
17. Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and mortification is a waste of time.
18. If things don’t go as planned… make a new plan.
19. Confidence can be more efficient than skill or precision - perfection is not required to function.
20. Honour your body, but also celebrate it. You do not always have to deny yourself what you want.